Exciting Activities to do in Hawke’s Bay
Hawke’s Bay has stunning scenic beauty and the nature here provides an ideal environment to do exciting things. The lakes, forests, mountains and beaches are a treat to the travelers and you have no reason for not visiting Hawke’s Bay.
Here are some exciting things to do in the Bay area:
- Get started with a walk in the forests of Te Urewera around the breathtaking lake Waikaremoana, the place has fantastic walking tracks, the best one being Onepoto Caves track that feature spectacular rocks and tunnels.
Te Mata Peak
- A visit to the Te Mata Peak is a must if you are visiting/in Hawke’s Bay. You will not forget the 360 degree view from the vantage point.
- If you are a surfer or diver, Mahia Peninsula is heaven for you. The beautiful beaches and the stunning coastline along with amazing viewpoints make the place exciting.
Hastings Farmers’ Markets
- If you are a foodie, do not miss visiting Farmers’ Markets. The fruits and veggies are fresh and a delight. You can also enjoy hot, strong coffee, bacon sandwiches and fresh juice.
- Cape Kidnappers is one place where you can find the largest gannet colony ever. The coastline also has great geological features to showcase! The jaw dropping cliffs where the gannets nest are such a delight!
- How can you miss Shine Falls?! This beautiful cascading falls can be reached by walking through lowland forest rich in birdlife. Don’t forget to take your swimwear along; you will have a great time here!
Ocean and Waimarama Beach
- While there are numerous beaches in the Bay area, Ocean and Waimarama Beach are places that cannot be given a miss. The backdrop is spectacular with forested hills and dunes. Surf on these waters in summer and have an unforgettable experience.
- The Mohaka river is popular for white water rafting in the Bay area. Discover caves and waterfalls during your rafting trip, there are also some sensational views you can enjoy.
If you are an adventurous and have love for nature, plan a trip to the Hawke’s Bay today!!