Backpacking Hawke’s Bay– Tip and Tricks to Getting Great Deals
Hawke’s Bay is a great destination for traveling! This is what you need to know the tip and tricks to get the best deals as a backpacking traveler.
You have a lot of options to make your travel an inexpensive one, be smart enough to look for those deals before you start your trip. Some of them are discussed here.
- Try getting working Holiday visa, if your country is eligible. You can stay for a period of 12 months if you visit New Zealand with this visa. Doesn’t it sound exciting? You can visit all places of interest and make the most of your time in Hawkes Bay.
- Staying in hostels (here’s a list of backpackers) is another trick to make your trip cost- effective as a backpacker. Hawkes Bay houses a number of hostels, given the number of tourists it attracts each year. It may cost only around 20 -30 New Zealand dollars per night.
- It is better you plan your trip in the shoulder season to cut down on costs. Visiting in the peak season means you will have to shell out more dollars. April- September is the best season to make your trip cheaper, however be any part of the year, you will enjoy no less.
- Try connecting to Facebook backpacking groups in Hawke’s Bay. You can try to join them and share the cost.
- You can work in a hostel to get free accomodation in Hawke’s Bay.
- Book direct! This saves you money as there are no agents involved. Be it accommodation, transport or any other thing, book direct!!
- Get an EFTPOS card, in other words, a debit card. This will save you on international transfer and transaction fee.
- A backpacker in Hawkes bay will have access to a lot of free activities. Don’t forget to check that out. Moreover try to be a savvy consumer, find cheaper alternatives for whatever you are looking to buy.
Planning your trip to Hawke’s Bay already? Grab the best deals and have a great time!!